Friday, January 29, 2010

Rosenblum Rockpile Road Zinfandel 2007

I've read a lot about Rosenblum Cellars and their Zinfandels so I thought it was high time to try one. I dropped in at 3rd Corner Wine Shop and Bistro in Ocean Beach and picked up a bottle of the 2007 Rockpile Road. This was very exciting for me because I have been tasting quite a few outstanding Zins lately and looked forward to having yet another one by a noted vintner. The wine is very pretty, a deep purple in the glass that was very eye-catching. The nose was full, delivering dark berries and hints of spice with just a touch of cedar and hint of (I swear) tar. The flavors are intense with smooth tannins and just enough acidity to deliver a good finish though to be honest I could have stood a touch more acid to wake it up a little. A good wine but I don't think I would have rated it as well as Wine Spectator did (90 pts).

Number of wines reviewed in 2010: 21

No comments: