Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fess Paker Viognier 2006 (Santa Barbara County)

Ah from time to time I just want something light and fruity (no comments Sarah) and the other night I pulled a bottle of Fess Parker Viognier 2006 from my little wine stash. I like Viognier, more than Chardonnay (which makes me the stranger among the people I hang with) and once again Fess make me one happy wine taster. The wine looked lovely when swirled in the glass, a touch of gold and green in the liquid. The wine is aromatic with honeysuckle and orange blossoms being dominant with just a touch of spice and vanilla. Good acidity and I was totally unaware of an alcohol content of 14.9% which goes to show how well they make their wines at Fess Parker. The finish was nice and smooth with the slow fade of the fruit on the tongue.

Number of wines reviewed in 2010: 20

No comments: