Friday, January 8, 2010

Brander 2008 Sauvignon Blanc "Purisima Mountain"

Ah, a lovely evening. With kitty stable after his big medical trauma and finishing up from hubby's lovely dinner it is time for me to relax. I decided to pull a bottle from my latest Brander shipment and settled on their 2008 Sauvignon Blanc "Purisima Mountain". I have to say, Brander makes some of the most fragrant Sauvignon Blancs in California and I love it. This is a vibrant wine, nose full of limes, grapefruit, just a hint of "green" (I know, a color, but that is what I get) and good minerality you expect from a Sauvignon Blanc that all comes together to make the mouth water before it gets to taste. With this wine you get loads of fruit right off the nose. This is a very pure Sauvignon Blanc, treated the same way that Brander makes it stunning "Au Natural" so that you get loads of the pure fruit with little manipulation. The mouth feel is good, just enough body to it so that you don't get lean, lean acidity but just a touch of "roundness" that combines with the fruit and acidity to make this a very enjoyable expression of the Sauvignon Blanc grape. They only produced 158 cases so I suggest you get a bottle while you can.

Number of wines reviewed in 2010: 4

No comments: