Monday, June 1, 2009

Philosophy and Wine - Aquinas 2007 Pinot Noir


While in my local Von's I spotted this black labeled little wine on the bottom shelf of the Pinot Noir section and was taken immediately by the name. After all, something that combines three of my favorite interests (Christianity, Philosophy, and Wine) must have something going for it, so into the basket it went. What a happy bit of serendipity (after all, I wasn't there looking for wine but on my way to the bakery section). This lovely little wine made for a pleasant tasting experience. First the color, a pretty rose petal red, light (I could read the page on the journal I had under it). The nose was extremely pleasing, full of cherries and rose petals (to match the color) and just a hint of plum and a little tiny "gaminess" coming through. Nice, medium-light bodied with plenty of raspberries, hints of clove and cinnamon (with just a touch of cedar on the finish), good acid, soft tannins all coming together for a medium-length finish that made the mouth want a second sip. A fine job by this Napa producer at an excellent price. I'm going to pick up a couple of bottles to hold for Thanksgiving.

Wines reviewed in 2009: 185

No comments: