Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fess Parker "American Tradition Reserve" Chardonnay 2006

Tuesday night found me yet again at MA4 with my friend Sarah. She was running late having had to do an emergency "bead stop" to replenish her supply for some fantastic faire garb so I was already well into my first glass of this lovely Chardonnay from Fess Parker. The wine had a beautiful straw tint to it that I find pleasing in Chardonnay. The nose was pretty, hints of orange blossom, a little pear, some honey, with the promise of a light creamy experience to come... and boy did it deliver. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of Chardonnay except from a few places and Fess Parker has become one of those places. This wine had a hint of body perfect (to me) for a Chardonnay with good acid structure and alcohol without the usual heat or sharpness you can get from an unbalanced wine. The flavors delivered what was expected, pears, very light citrus and a slight buttery creaminess that was delicious. Not as elegant as the Ashley's Vineyard but another solid Chardonnay performance. This wine went quite well with the cheese and fruit plate I had as well as the calamari.

Number of wines reviewed in 2010: 41

No comments: