Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fess Parker "Ashley's Vineyard" Chardonnay 2007

Another Tuesday, another evening at temple with my friend Sarah. It had been a long day (starting about 1 am and going non-stop until 4:30pm) and I was definitely in need of leisurely conversation in a comforting environment... and a glass of good wine. The bottle I brought with me, Fess Parker's Chardonnay "Ashley's Vineyard" 2007 was, as expected, lovely. The nose was fruitful with hints of citrus, apple and pear (and Sarah got melon) with a touch of butter that was delightful, all of which appeared on the palate to combine with just the right amount of acidity to create an elegant experience providing a medium-long finish. I am not a huge fan of Chardonnay but this I liked... another excellent offering from the folks who wear the coon skin cap.

Number of wines reviewed in 2010: 31

No comments: