Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dinner At Kous Kous

Well, last night I just didn't want to sit home so after feeding Romeo I went out by myself to have a light dinner at Kous Kous Moroccan Bistro in Hillcrest. As I got there at 6pm I was immediately offered any place I wanted to sit so rather than a table I chose a big, comfy chair in the lounge. Not wanted a lot to eat I ordered from the tapas menu, choosing the chicken brochette, a grilled chicken skewer with ginger, garlic and fresh herb
marinade, and the traditional B’stila (smaller than I remember from last time... this time looking more like a cannoli rather than a "pie"). To accompany the meal I choose 2006 Wild Horse Viognier. The food was excellent (though I have to say a couple of pieces of pita had a little bit of a charred taste) and I relaxed sipping the lovely wine.

2006 Wild Horse Viognier is a nice little wine. Clean and greenish-yellow in tint it delivered notes of honeysuckle and apricot with a touch of nectarine. Good acidity, not thin at all (some rest in a neutral oak perhaps?) with a flinty, mineral finish that I found very agreeable with both the meal and a bit of a palate cleanser.

No comments: