Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fess Parker 2005 American Tradition Reserve Syrah

OK, I think I've raved enough about the Fess Parker wines, especially their Syrah and Pinot offerings, to know what I am going to say. This wine, the 2005 American Tradition Reserve Syrah was fantastic, perfect on a chilly San Diego evening. The nose was a lovely blend of chocolate, anise, and black cherry with a promise of a little spicy heat which delivered on the palate. Black fruits, pepper and spice with a touch of heat from the alcohol all came together with the acid to make the mouth water and the combined with the smooth tannins created a tasty, long finish. They are now selling the 2006 on their Web site but I am expecting great things of that as well (will probably be reviewing that one next week... if I can wait that long).

Wines reviewed in 2009: 221

No comments: